Monday, November 10

Het Schilderen van de Slaapkamer - Phases 2, 3, 4, 5, etc...

OK, so the plastering was finished on Saturday and then there was sanding and a layer of paper the next day. That was finished by late afternoon. You can't see it of course, but there is a light texture now:



And the first coat of paint went up last night before we went to dinner. The color is 'Castle White' and is basically....white:



This morning he finished attaching the baseboards and then I put a base coat on them and the door frame (finally, something I can do!):










While I painted, Andy taped and then plastered the paper seams:



On the wall at the foot of the bed we are doing a special technique called Ice. The color is Hematite:



It's metallic but also seems warm and almost looks soft at the same time. It's nice:



After I finished he plastered all the nail holes in the baseboards and door frame (and that is it for plastering!):



We are taking a break at the moment so he can go pick up some supplies and then we'll have some lunch. I still have the door to paint but I'm waiting because I'm hesitant to work on it without him here. It is crazy heavy and tall.

This afternoon we'll sand all the plastering and then put on the second coat of paint. This morning we decided to finish the ceiling in Castle White but to go a shade darker on the walls so there is some contrast.

OK, I need to run to the bakery before he gets back. More later as things progress. And I'll also tell you about the exhibit I saw in Brussels yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment