Monday, November 10

Het Schilderen van de Slaapkamer - Monday Night

OK, so we spent part of the afternoon running around getting an x-ray of my foot because it's been hurting for over a month now and I was afraid I had a hairline fracture (compliments of a cannonball that I did in the shallow end of the pool the weekend before I left). I've been meaning to go to the doctor for a couple of weeks now but the timing has never been right and today it was.

I saw the doctor, went to a different location and had a foot x-ray, went back to the doctor a half-hour later with x-ray in hand and bought a prescription for Ibuprofen all within a couple of hours and for about 85 Euros - and that's the price without insurance (I have a travel policy that will re-imburse me so I just paid the normal prices). Yay, socialized medicine!!! I will gladly pay more taxes if it means that I can have more experiences like today (and if I was working and paying taxes I would get almost all of that 85 Euros back). No fracture in my foot but it's possible that it's too small to show up on the x-ray. There is definitely something wrong in there and it has gotten a little worse over the last week. I will be taking massive doses of Ibuprofen and using crutches (borrowed from Andy's dad) for the next 10 days to see if that clears it up.

And now back to the bedroom....

Andy sanded the last round of plastering and then sealed the edges:






And right now he's putting a second coat on the ceiling and the first layer (there are five) on the wall that will get the special treatment. After that we will have dinner and then I think he's going to mix the new color and put a second coat on the rest of the walls and baseboards. That leaves for tomorrow: installing the lights in the ceiling (they are already wired so it's just the fixtures), a final coat on the walls and baseboards, and the second layer of the Ice treatment and then we can move the bed back in. The special wall can be finished later.

SouthPark with Dutch subtitles:

1 comment:

  1. Forgets not that I a third of that four million get. ??? what does that mean? shdaniel

    ReplyDelete