Monday, November 3

Boekenbeurs

Yesterday we went to Boekenbeurs in Antwerp. Andy bought a couple of books, one of which is about homes all over the world (Casa Mundi) - and Lori and Bill, that Ghost chair is everywhere!! I left empty-handed. I was hoping to find some books in English since some bookstores here have a 'UK' section, but no such luck. (Although I did find a shop in the Brussels Zuid train station today that has a small section of paperbacks in English so that is going to be my source for the time being.)

Before the fair, we had lunch at a small restaurant right on the water. I had my first witloof (white leaf) which is what Belgians call endive. They love it. They bake it with ham and cheese and cream sauce. It was good but a little bitter - kind of like brussels sprouts. Here are a few shots from the restaurant - we got the last available table and it was in the best spot:





No comments:

Post a Comment