Sunday, November 9

Het Schilderen Van de Slaapkamer - Phase 1

Because Tuesday is a holiday Andy decided to make it a four-day weekend so that he can paint the bedroom. I am going to try to take photos of all the phases so that you can see the process from beginning to end. The first phase was plastering. It took all day Saturday. First we moved everything out of the bedroom and closet into the living room - we'll be sleeping in here for a while:



Here is the view from the bedroom. The windows have been covered with paper thusfar, so this is my first time to see it. When you are sitting on the bed it's nice because you can see the spire of the church:



Covering the floor:



You can see that a little plastering has been done already, but that was just to cover the nail holes and seams in the sheetrock:



Et, voila! The walls (and ceiling) are fully plastered:





The next phase is sanding. Andy finished that this morning and then added a layer of thin, fibrous paper after that to give some texture. I went to Brussels to see an exhibit all day so I wasn't here to take any photos. But I do have some of the finished product that I will post later. You can't really see a difference because the paper is white also. But now that I've started this little documentary I might as well finish it. :)

We are heading out to dinner now....

No comments:

Post a Comment