Monday, November 3

Birthday Lunch

Backing up in time a little, here are a few photos from the birthday lunch that Andy and I went to for his grandfather's 80th. It was at a restaurant that is owned by a friend/client of Andy's named Nicola (Andy painted the interior).

Unfortunately I did a terrible job of taking pictures so I only have a couple of the food and one of Andy, Bjorn and Ellen. Andy's parents, his mother's parents and his father's father were there also. It was his mother's father's birthday. None of them speak English so there was basically just alot of smiling and one of the grandfather's (with Andy's translation) giving me a hard time about who I was gonna vote for.

I had an amazing shrimp stir-fry that was served with wild rice (Scampi Wok met Wilde Rijst) which I attempted to re-create at home later in the week with moderate success:



And, of course, there were the obligatory fries:



Bjorn, Ellen, Andy...and a rare steak:

No comments:

Post a Comment