Wednesday, July 9

Werchter

Sorry for not posting a link when I mentioned Werchter the other day, I meant to and then forgot: http://www.rockwerchter.be/. It's basically exactly like ACL except that there are only two stages and maybe around 15,000 more people each day than ACL. Most of the pictures are on Andy's laptop so here are a few I took on the way there and then I will post the others and a couple of videos from his computer.

The festival was about 1.5 hour drive from Kortijk in the tiny town of Werchter which is just outside of Leuven. We went with Natalie and Christian - that is their black van behind us below. We put air matresses in the backs of the vans and slept in the parking lot which was about a 1.5 mile walk from the festival but it was quiet there and much nicer than the campsites.



Here is the view from the 'bed'. I know, right?






Natalie and Christian having some lunch before we walk to the festival:



OK, I'll post the rest from Andy's laptop. (I'm in the middle of cooking dinner now and Andy will be home in a couple of hours so it may not happen until tomorrow. And yes, I have transformed into a Belgian housewife, but more on that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment