Monday, July 14

Television in Belgium

On Thursday the weather was still pretty crummy and I stayed home and basically watched TV for most of the day. Most of the channels are in Dutch, one is in Italian, a couple in German, a few in French and there are a couple of BBC channels.

It's nice to have the BBC channels so that I can always find some English, but some of the Dutch channels play American TV shows in English with Dutch subtitles and this is the best because I can watch the shows and I can also follow along in Dutch if I want. And also, on some of the Dutch channels you can turn on Dutch subtitling so that you can see the words as you are hearing them which is also really helpful. We always watch the news this way and sometimes I can even understand. So TV has turned out to be a really great method for learning Dutch since there is such a variety of topics and there are pictures to put everything in context. And it gives me a good excuse for watching TV!!! Anyhow, here are a few photos of the house so that you can see where I've been all of this TV watching (and cooking):







1 comment:

  1. i see a snowboard! miss you doll face, glad to see your having such a great time!! xoxo c

    ReplyDelete