Friday, July 11

Dishes, Groceries, Laundry, Dinner

This week I've spent alot of time being domestic. I've cooked dinner for the last four nights, washed dishes and more dishes, been to the supermarket at least once every day and even did the laundry on Tuesday.

When we got back from Werchter I discovered that Andy does not have a washer/dryer (gasp!) and that his mother does his laundry (double gasp!). They are both happy with this arrangement (and apparently it is not so uncommon here) so who am I to judge, but I am not about to send my dirty laundry to his mother. So I had noticed a laundromat in Bellegem on earlier visits and I decided to give it a try.

It was small and very clean. And the machines were easy enough to figure out:





Except for this thing:



I finally decided it was some kind of dry cleaner and I took a picture of the instructions so that I could translate it later:



But then I didn't have to because some nice ladies came in and used it. It's for ironing sheets and dishtowels and other flat things. We had a nice chat and they helped me put my dishtowels through it. Awesome!

And to top it off, there was Jupiler (beer) in the vending machine:



All in all, a very happy, warm experience. But it's way too expensive for me to keep doing all of the laundry (8 Euros/load which is around $13) so I'll probably let Andy go back to sending his to Mom and I'll just do mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment