Thursday, July 3

Les Burritos (prononcez bou-ri-tos)

OK, sorry for the silence...it took us a few days to find an adapter for my laptop. But all is well now so here's a quick run-down of my adventures so far:

Sunday was mostly napping and eating. A little breakfast, a nap while Andy met with a client, some pizza in the Grote Markt for lunch and another nap, and then Spain vs. Germany (soccer) on TV in the evening and more sleep.

Monday was my first day on my own. My task for the day was to buy a few groceries so since the extra car was at the other house I set out on foot with only the key to the house and some directions for finding the supermarket in Bellegem which it turns out is about 2 miles away. (A note about where we are: Kortrijk is the main city and it is surrounded by 6 or 7 smaller 'towns' that are all very close together. We are in Rollegem which is southwest of Kortrijk but we can be in Kortrijk in less than 10 minutes.) So several hours and one giant blister later I made it back home with some things for the fridge and a few pictures of the neighborhood. (The last one is our front door.)






Later in the evening we picked up Andy's car at his other house in Heule so that I could have it the next day, and I got my first driving lesson following him back to Rollegem. It's pretty much the same as in the US, but right now all the streets look the same to me and they are very winding and unpredictable so I have a big fear of getting lost. But the driving part is fine.

OK, this is taking alot longer than I thought so I'm gonna stop for now. Andy is almost home from work and we are headed out for dinner. I'll finish catching you up tomorrow (and fill you in on Les Burritos), promise.

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment