Friday, July 4

OK, nevermind...

I was headed to the supermarket until I remembered that the Bellegem market closes from 12:00-2:00 so the staff can eat lunch. It's a very small store so I guess this makes sense but it's annoying since it seems like I always want to go shopping around 1:00. At least I remembered today before I drove away from the house. The last couple of days I have gotten all the way there before I realized. Anyhow, I'll finish catching you up now while I'm waiting for them to re-open.

On Thursday Andy's friend Debbie and her daughter Kookai picked me up and we drove to Oostende on the coast for lunch. We had some great Thai food at a cafe on the beach. The weather has been wonderful so far but on Thursday it was kind of rainy and cold so after lunch we just headed back to Kortrijk. This is Kookai, she is three:





And then last night we took it easy. We've been staying up pretty late every night. It doesn't get dark until after 11:00 and so it's hard to go to sleep before then. But last night it caught up with Andy and he was asleep by 8:30.

So that brings us up to today. It's Andy's birthday so I am going to attempt to make some sort of cake. Or something. We'll see. And then we're going to dinner with friends later tonight. And leaving for the Werchter Festival early tomorrow morning. We'll be back very late on Sunday night and Andy is not working on Monday so I'll probably post again on Tuesday.

This week has been about getting settled and there has been lots of eating, and beers and naps. Next week will be about exploring Kortrijk, getting some exercise and cutting out all the snacking or else I am going to have to buy all new pants!!

Salud!

1 comment:

  1. Was I the only person who had to google Werchter Festival?? Well I did and I'm SUPER JEALOUS! Don't forget to tell us all about it!

    We love and Miss you!
    Dani & D-Bone

    ReplyDelete