Friday, July 18

Miscellaneous

So this week Andy has needed the car for a few days so I borrowed his Mom's bike and have been exploring on two wheels. It is super bike friendly here. And it is so nice on the bike because I can go much farther than on foot and if I get lost I can just backtrack which is not so easy to do, if not impossible sometimes, in the car. And it's so easy to stop and run in somewhere. You don't even need a bike lock here.

On Monday I rode to the Grote Markt and beyond. I checked out some bookstores. And did a little shopping. And went to the bank. And the supermarket. And checked out the public library, where I found this highly amusing little display in the front:





And then I found a small park. (All of the fountains in town have been colored pink by a local artist for a few weeks as part of an exhibit that is scattered throughout town.)





And, are table dances an American thing??



On Tuesday and Wednesday I had the car again but I didn't accomplish much. Mostly just posting here, doing a little bit of work on the computer, emailing, watching TV, shopping (there are huge 50-70% off sales right now for the end of Summer), washing dishes, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking dinner. And sometimes running errands with Andy after he's done with work.

Today, Friday, I had the bike again and visited the Flax Museum this afternoon. I got some nice photos and really enjoyed it but I don't have time to post now. I'll get them up tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment